4.08.2010

Finger Print Rainbow Mobile

(The following is a Guest Blog Post for Mom4Life. Be sure to head over & check out her great products!)
We are so excited that spring is officially here, but unfortunately so is the rain. We tried to make light of the gloomy weather this week by creating something a little more colorful, a rainbow! Even though we see & talk about them all the time, this is my daughter's first experience creating a rainbow. Great project, but can get a bit messy since we used finger prints to paint the rainbow. I planned on having her use her fingers to paint the clouds also, but plans changed & we used a brush instead.

~Supplies: *White construction paper, *Washable Paints, *Glue, *Scissors, *Crayons, *Paint brush, *Colored Ribbon
To Begin- 1. I started by cutting out a rainbow. Basically a half circle that I made even by tracing a large bowl I had in my kitchen. You can choose to do it free hand or use this one HERE. I also cut the clouds free hand. If this isn't for you, use the cloud template HERE.
2. Start by using a red crayon to draw a line along the outside edge that will be used as a guide for your child's finger prints. (The red line below her finger prints is visible in the picture below.)
3. When the red line is covered, go ahead & draw an orange line next & let your child start placing prints along the line.
4. Repeat with the colors yellow, green, blue & violet.
5. Once the colors are finished, cut out the unpainted "U" shape below the purple line to complete the rainbow.
6. Now for the clouds. You can let your child place blue prints all over the clouds to cover them OR you can allow them to paint the blue on with a brush like we chose to.

7. Allow time for the paint to dry & then you can tie the pieces together with string/ribbon to make your colorful mobile!
 
p.s. I'm working on a project that will utilize some of the left-over jelly beans... so don't throw them away just yet!!
Enjoy! s.b.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! I teach preschool and I am going to use this! Thank you for bringing your hodgepodge to my party! Hope to see you again.
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete