9.14.2010

Craft for Moms...Decoupage Recipe Holder

I made this for my mom to replace an old recipe holder that she had sitting out in her house. I thought she could use something a little more pleasing to the eye! It's pretty easy to do... unfortunately, I did not take pictures as I was covering it but I still wanted to share...
I found the unfinished recipe box @ Michael's Arts & Crafts for pretty cheap. (I used a coupon of course!)
I got to work searching through Pottery Barn catalogs & many other magazines looking for fun scraps. I tried to stick with deep red & brown tones so it would match her decor.
Then I started to glue down all my scraps with Mod Podge until the entire box was covered. Finishing by coating the entire box with a polycrylic finish to "seal" it.
 
Since creating this one, I've made a few others. They definitely make cute gifts. I try to stay on the look-out for cute recipe cards to slip into them to complete the gifts. My mom has even made a few as gifts for her friends & my aunt crafted one for each of her children's teachers for Christmas presents. (An idea for M1's teacher too!)
Enjoy! s.b.

1 comment:

  1. Love these functional, decorative recipe cards holders. Have a look: http://triflerecipecards.com/.

    ReplyDelete